Buddy Benches come to the Lodi, NJ School District Lodi children can signal for a buddy with a new Buddy Bench system at the elementary schools. Grace Ann Parisi, elementary school counselor, got the idea from Facebook, which originated with a second-grade boy. “The boy said a good idea to combat bullying was to have buddy benches on the playground,”… Read more →
A NJ High School Student is Preventing Bullying of Disabled Students – A Teen’s Guide to Understanding and Communicating with People with Autism
HibHub is proud to share Miss Alex Jackman’s award winning film project, A Teen’s Guide to Understanding and Communicating with People with Autism. Alex is a student at Westfield High School, Westfield, NJ ,USA.
Alex’s project has been recognized by:
- NJ Council on Developmental Disabilities with a Multi Media Award
- Youth In Action Award created especially for this project by the ARC of New Jersey
- Best Documentary at the NJ Shore Short Film Festival
- Palm Beach International Film Festival
- The Global Peace Alliance Online Film Festival
- Harlem International Film Festival. recently
- Peggy Charren Award for Excellence at the Boston International Kids Film Festival. This award is given each year to a young filmmaker who is using the medium of film to change minds and change lives – to make the world a better place.
“I promise to be a better person and not bully other people. By putting my thumb on this bench, I will promise to keep this oath through all my years at school and through all the days of my life.” Read more →
While growing up, some celebrities have gone through the same tough spots as you. Read more →
Focus on all of the wonderful things that make you, you. Read more →